With endless options and brands, choosing toys for your beloved dog can be a confusing and overwhelming task. Pets have unique personalities, so there’s no singular toy that can work across breeds. In this post, we will talk about shopping dog toys and things that matter in selecting the right ones.
- First things first, consider the age of your pooch. Dogs mature with age, just like any other species, and therefore, you need to buy something that would really interest him. Let’s say you have a small Labrador puppy. He would probably enjoy chew toys more than the ones that make sound. There are toys designed specifically for older dogs too.
- Challenge your pet’s intelligence. Your dog is smarter than you know, and if you want him to remain active and smart throughout his life, you have to choose toys that demand a little more brainstorming. For example, if you check the ZippyPaws Dog Toy Review on online sites, you will realize that it has a mix of both fun and intelligence.
- Size is important. Pets end up swallowing almost anything, so if you have a breed with a large mouth, don’t choose toys that can end up in the stomach of the pet. Keep in mind that you won’t be around all the time to supervise the furry baby, and accidents can happen anytime.
- Consider durability. Puppies can chew dog toys in a day, while adult dogs have a thing for fetch and play, for which they need outdoor toys. Unless you have a lot to spend, consider the durability of the toy in the first place. Buy a few toys that can be used indoors, while for outdoors, you can rely on fetch products and balls.
- Check for interactive toys. Dogs love to spend time with their human families, which is why you need to get at least a few interactive products for your pooch. Let’s say your pet enjoys pulling things from you. In this case, you need to buy a rope toy that can be used play tug of war.
Finally, take a moment to check the options available. If you know the tendencies of your pooch, you can try a wider range of toys for him. Some of the toys may need supervised use, so do keep a check on what you leave behind while going to work. As for the prices, you will find the best deals online.